ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Henrik Uffe Jensen" <...@corewit.com>
Subject Re: iBatis.Net - Optimistic concurrency control
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 18:43:40 GMT

violation and you can throw an exception or whatever you do.

regards

Henrik Uffe Jensen
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nguyen, Tom
  To: user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 8:04 PM
  Subject: RE: iBatis.Net - Optimistic concurrency control

  Unless I'm behind on my knowledge, I don't believe that iBatis.Net has automatic optimistic
concurrency implementation.  You will have to implement this yourself.

  This is the pseudo of how I implemented mine:

  BusinessBase<T> : IClonable

  -Clone()

  -OriginalObject AS T

  Employee : BusinessBase<Employee>

  -SSN

  -FirstName

  -LastName

    1.. Retrieve Employee
    2.. Clone Employee and store in OriginalObject
    3.. Employee is parameter class of Update Ibatis Mapping

  UPDATE dbo.Employee

  SET FirstName = #_firstName#

              , LastName = #_lastName#

              , SSN = #_ssn#

  WHERE FirstName = #OriginalObject._firstName#

              AND LastName = #OriginalObject._lastName#

              AND SSN = #OriginalObject._ssn#

  Unless you have build some kind of framework to do this, it is a lot of manual, repetitive
work.  Only do it when you really need to.

  Regards,

  Tom Nguyen
  Sr. Developer
  tom.nguyen@rels.info