ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Clough, Samuel \(USPC.PRG.Atlanta\)" <Samuel_Clo...@princetonrg.com>
Subject RE: Statement Batching
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:41:24 GMT
I think I've mentioned this before but I forget if it was on the list or
not.  I agree that batch support should be included in iBatis in a
generic way.  For example, JDBC has generic batch options on prepared
statements.  If it's generic, the framework can then offer driver
specific implementations that can be hooked up via the provider file
like all the other classes ADO uses are.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Grabowski [mailto:rongrabowski@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 11:19 PM
To: user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Statement Batching

There isn't any prohibiting you from using Ayende's example code with
IBatisNet now:

// his reflection sample...you could also use the delegate code
for (int i = 0; i < products.Count; i++)
{
 appendInfo.Invoke(sqlCmdSet, new object[] {
  SqlMapperAdapter.BuildDbCommand(sqlMapper, "Product.Update",
products[i]});
}
executeNonQueryInfo.Invoke(sqlCmdSet,null);

Its just a matter of asking IBatisNet for the IDbCommand it generates
internally:

public static IDbCommand BuildDbCommand(ISqlMapper sqlMapper, string
statement, object parameter)
{
MappedStatement mappedStatement = (MappedStatement)
sqlMapper.MappedStatements[statement];

// instanciate a new IDbConnection and set its ConnectionString property
SqlMapSession session = new SqlMapSession(sqlMapper);
session.CreateConnection();

// set the CommandText and Connection property of an IDbCommand
RequestScope request =
mappedStatement.Statement.Sql.GetRequestScope(mappedStatement,
parameterObject, session);

// fill the Parameters property of the IDbCommand
mappedStatement.PreparedCommand.Create(request, session,
mappedStatement.Statement, parameterObject);

// DbCommandDecorator should expose its inner command as a property
FieldInfo fieldInfo =
typeof(DbCommandDecorator).GetField("_innerDbCommand",
BindingFlags.NonPublic | BindingFlags.Instance);
return (IDbCommand)fieldInfo.GetValue(request.IDbCommand);
}

A property needs to be added to one of the internal classes so the last
line is just:

return mappedStatement.PreparedCommand.InnerCommand;

Is the batching supported on Sql Server 2000?

IBatisNet is focused on using the ADO.Net interfaces for data access. Is
it a good idea to make special cases for specific drivers and make calls
to non-public members?

Perhaps we could extend SqlMapper and create a BatchSqlMapper that
supports StartBatch() and ExecuteBatch() or modify
MappedStatement.ExecuteUpdate to accept an execution strategy that
chooses between ExecuteNonQuery or a custom stragey that relies on
calling the non-public members of SqlCommandSet.