ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Carlos Peix" <peix-lis...@praxia.com.ar>
Subject Kind of architecture question
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 22:35:59 GMT
Hi Shane, thanks for taking the time to answer.

Yes, you are talking about an Identity Map I guess, but this solution is harder
to implement and tune. It's my last resort though.

Of course, definitely the select="CustomerById" needs to be removed. In fact,
the command CustomerById uses a different cache that the command CustomerAll so,
if we use cache for both commands we can stop IBatis building different
instances.

One approach I used is for resolving this is implementing the
CustomerRepository.GetAll() with an IBatis query (cached) and the
CustomerRepository.GetById() resolved in memory. But I'm not very happy with
this solution either

Of course, the Order ResultMap just get the Customer Id and I resolve the
property getter or setter that way.

class Order {

    // This field is mapped in IBatis
    object customerId;

    // this is a transient field
    private Customer customer;

    public Customer Customer
    {
        get {
            if ( customer == null )
                customer = CustomerRepository.GetById( customerId );
            return customer;
        }
        set { customerId = value.Id; }
    }