ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Campbell, Bob" <BCampb...@UEIC.com>
Subject RE: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 18:44:25 GMT

Thanks for the input.

I don't know much about async vs. synchronous WCF so I'm reading up on
it.

On the subject of connection string concurrency issue, we do have
several databases to access, all the connection strings are stored in a
config file in the following format:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<configuration>

  <connectionStrings>

    <add name="Public"

connectionString="Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=maindb;Integrated
Security=True;Connection Reset=False;Connection Timeout=60" />

    [multiple similar strings] ...

</connectionStrings>

</configuration>

The web service I'm calling uses two databases and calls
"ResetDBConnection" to switch between them.  It executes 2 queries on
the Project database then switches to the "MainDB" for a 3rd query.  The
method for "ResetDBConnection" is listed below and at my first glance
looks suspicious to me but remember I'm not totally familiar with this
code and less so with iBatis and this has been in use for two years
locally with no problems.

        public static void ResetDBConnection(string connStr)

        {

            string prevConnStr = Mapper().DataSource.ConnectionString;

            if (prevConnStr != connStr)

            {

                Mapper().DataSource.ConnectionString = connStr;

                Mapper().OpenConnection();

                Mapper().CloseConnection();

            }

        }

I think I'll try a test avoiding the switching of databases to see if
this has any effect.

Thanks again

Bob