ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Clough, Samuel \(USPC.PRG.Atlanta\)" <Samuel_Clo...@princetonrg.com>
Subject RE: Sessions
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 12:02:35 GMT
I be way off, but at first glance,  isn't wrapping things in a using
statement going to ensure that the resources are closed?  I'm not sure
that's what you want to do.  We always let iBatis manage the connections
automatically.  Of course, I haven't profiled to see what it actually
does.

  _____

From: Dorin Manoli [mailto:Dorin.Manoli@dataireland.ie]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 5:44 AM
To: user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Sessions

Hi everybody.

I got a little trouble with connections.

First I will start with a brief description of my Application.

I got a Class Library which includes iBATIS XML files, persistent
classes. Also in this Library is a static class Mapper which create and
configure DomSqlMap and through which I can cal lISqlMapper..

I followed example from iBATIS document.

Then I assigned a MAP class to each persistent class.

Ex. I have Customer class then I create another class CustomerMap which
contains methods for operations like Add/Update/Delete.

I have couple of  such class-combination. Finaly I have a WinForm
application from which I call MAP classes and render information on
screen.

Finally    the problem:

I used JetBrains dotTrace profiler to optimize my code and I found that
each time I call a method from MAP class iBATIS OpenConnection method is
called.

I thought if I'll use Sessions I will save "precious" 13ms on each
OpenConnection call. So I followecd example from iBATIS Maper manual.

[C#]

using ( IDalSession session = sqlMap.OpenConnection() )

{

Account account = sqlMap.QueryForObject("GetAccountViaColumnName", 1) as
Account;

}

But instead of calling sqlMap.QueryObject

I am using

using ( IDalSession session = Mapper.Instance().OpenConnection() )

{

       Customer cust=customerMap.GetCustomer(customerId);

       ....... . . . .

}

Inside GetCustomer I have

Mapper.Instance().QueryForObject(... . . );

Profiling again I saw that OpenConnection is invoked again.

Something went wrong, but couldn't find in any manual how to properly
use Session. Also looking in unit tests Ididn't found answers.

Cheers.

Precision Marketing Information Limited, trading as Data Ireland,
registered in Ireland, registered number 224335, Registered Office:
General Post Office, O'Connell Street, Dublin 1.

Kompass Ireland Publishers Limited, registered in Ireland, registered
number 98432, Registered Office: General Post Office, O'Connell Street,
Dublin 1.

Princeton Retirement Group, Inc - Important Terms
This E-mail is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any location
where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation, or which would subject
Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. or any affiliate to any registration requirement within such
location.
This E-mail may contain privileged or confidential information or may otherwise be protected
by work product immunity or other legal rules. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission. Access, copying or re-use of information by non-intended or non-authorized
recipients is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this E-mail, please notify
the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute
any portion of this E-mail.
The transmission and content of this E-mail cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we cannot represent that the information in this E-mail is complete, accurate,
uncorrupted, timely or free of viruses, and Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. cannot accept
any liability for E-mails that have been altered in the course of delivery. Princeton Retirement
Group, Inc. reserves the right to monitor, review and retain all electronic communications,
including E-mail, traveling through its networks and systems (subject to and in accordance
with local laws). If any of your details are incorrect or if you no longer wish to receive
mailings such as this by E-mail please contact the sender by reply E-mail.