ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Clough, Samuel \(USPC.PRG.Atlanta\)" <Samuel_Clo...@princetonrg.com>
Subject RE: DAO with SQLMAP vs just SQLMAP
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 11:30:14 GMT
Sounds like overkill to me.  Just using iBatis gives you great
flexibility with your dao if implemented properly.  If you truly need
something more independent, you'll probably want an IOC/DI container
like another lister mentioned.  Also, the iBatis DAO is deprecated in
the since that no new development is ongoing at this point (presumably
because of the other container based solutions like spring.net/castle,
etc)

-----Original Message-----
From: Garth Keesler [mailto:garthk@gdcjk.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2007 11:40 AM
To: iBatis Net
Subject: DAO with SQLMAP vs just SQLMAP

I'm building an app using SQLMAP but I keep reading about DAO and wonder
if I should be using it as well. The app is pretty straightforward,
running against a single SQL Server 2005 database with all access to the
database via the classes and SQLMAP. Given this relatively simple
config, are there any compelling reasons to use DAO as well?

Thanx,
Garth

Princeton Retirement Group, Inc - Important Terms
This E-mail is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any location
where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation, or which would subject
Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. or any affiliate to any registration requirement within such
location.
This E-mail may contain privileged or confidential information or may otherwise be protected
by work product immunity or other legal rules. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission. Access, copying or re-use of information by non-intended or non-authorized
recipients is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this E-mail, please notify
the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute
any portion of this E-mail.
The transmission and content of this E-mail cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we cannot represent that the information in this E-mail is complete, accurate,
uncorrupted, timely or free of viruses, and Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. cannot accept
any liability for E-mails that have been altered in the course of delivery. Princeton Retirement
Group, Inc. reserves the right to monitor, review and retain all electronic communications,
including E-mail, traveling through its networks and systems (subject to and in accordance
with local laws). If any of your details are incorrect or if you no longer wish to receive
mailings such as this by E-mail please contact the sender by reply E-mail.