ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Clough, Samuel \(USPC.PRG.Atlanta\)" <Samuel_Clo...@princetonrg.com>
Subject RE: Multiple resultsets in data mapper
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 13:41:58 GMT
Off hand, I'd say look at the methods for loading complex types and strategies to avoid what's
known as the "N + 1 select" problem.  I don't think multiple recordsets is your best solution
if I understand your situation properly.

  _____

From: Miika Mäkinen [mailto:mmiika@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 10:49 PM
To: user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Multiple resultsets in data mapper

Hi All,
I'm just getting into iBatis, and I'd like to if it can handle multiple resultsets (.Net 2.0,
Sql Server 2005)

For example, I'd have an objects like (pseudo-code):

class Company
{
    int Id;
    string Name;
    List<Classification> Classifications;
}

class Classification
{
   int Id;
   string Name;
}

And a stored procedure would return 2 resultssets:

SELECT CompanyId, CompanyName FROM Company;
SELECT CompanyId, ClassificationId, ClassificationName FROM CompanyClassification INNER JOIN
Classification ON CompanyClassification.ClassificationId=Classification .ClassificationId;

Can I some how map the 2nd returned table into "List<Classification> Classifications"
inside  my "Company" object?

Cheers,
Miika Mäkinen

Princeton Retirement Group, Inc - Important Terms
This E-mail is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any location
where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation, or which would subject
Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. or any affiliate to any registration requirement within such
location.
This E-mail may contain privileged or confidential information or may otherwise be protected
by work product immunity or other legal rules. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission. Access, copying or re-use of information by non-intended or non-authorized
recipients is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this E-mail, please notify
the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute
any portion of this E-mail.
The transmission and content of this E-mail cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we cannot represent that the information in this E-mail is complete, accurate,
uncorrupted, timely or free of viruses, and Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. cannot accept
any liability for E-mails that have been altered in the course of delivery. Princeton Retirement
Group, Inc. reserves the right to monitor, review and retain all electronic communications,
including E-mail, traveling through its networks and systems (subject to and in accordance
with local laws). If any of your details are incorrect or if you no longer wish to receive
mailings such as this by E-mail please contact the sender by reply E-mail.