ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Clough, Samuel \(USPC.PRG.Atlanta\)" <Samuel_Clo...@princetonrg.com>
Subject RE: Multiple resultsets in data mapper
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 15:52:26 GMT
Without spending a lot of time thinking about it, the thing to do is probably execute two iBatis
calls and then combine the results in the app like you do already.  If it's possible, you
could use some sorting and you could build your data structure faster than loading up a dictionary
just for matching.  Your fastest way to load is probably to join the data and then parse the
results right from the reader and build the objects as the company data changes as the joined
rows are processed.  Of course, that's would be using direct data readers, so it probably
wouldn't be too elegant with iBatis.

I understand the desire to be very efficient via multiple result sets as I've done that myself
before, but if you're loading enough data in these two queries that performance is significant
than iBatis making two network calls to the database is an overhead that I frankly don't think
you could even quantify over a multiple result set scenario.  Regardless, someone else will
have to answer if iBatis handles multiple result sets or not, I've never needed them w/iBatis.

-----Original Message-----
From: Miika Mäkinen [mailto:mmiika@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 11:30 AM
To: user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Multiple resultsets in data mapper

Thanks guys, maybe i wasn't clear enough. What i'd like to have is sql
returning two tables. In table one up to hundreds of companies and in
the second table the classifications for each (M:M). I've done it
before so that i load the companies into a dictionary with id as a key
and then add the classifications to each item in the dictionary. If
i've understood correctly, this is not possible with ibatis? Lazy
join method would lead to whole lot of data loading as there will be
several similar collections within company. This is quite a central
piece me the app, so i'd like to get it perform well.

On 5/25/07, Nguyen, Tom <Tom.Nguyen@rels.info> wrote:
> Some documentation here:
> http://ibatisnet.sourceforge.net/DevGuide.html#d0e997
>

> Regards,
>

> Tom Nguyen
> Sr. Developer
> tom.nguyen@rels.info <mailto:tom.nguyen@rels.info>
>

> ________________________________

Princeton Retirement Group, Inc - Important Terms
This E-mail is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any location
where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation, or which would subject
Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. or any affiliate to any registration requirement within such
location.
This E-mail may contain privileged or confidential information or may otherwise be protected
by work product immunity or other legal rules. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission. Access, copying or re-use of information by non-intended or non-authorized
recipients is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this E-mail, please notify
the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute
any portion of this E-mail.
The transmission and content of this E-mail cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we cannot represent that the information in this E-mail is complete, accurate,
uncorrupted, timely or free of viruses, and Princeton Retirement Group, Inc. cannot accept
any liability for E-mails that have been altered in the course of delivery. Princeton Retirement
Group, Inc. reserves the right to monitor, review and retain all electronic communications,
including E-mail, traveling through its networks and systems (subject to and in accordance
with local laws). If any of your details are incorrect or if you no longer wish to receive
mailings such as this by E-mail please contact the sender by reply E-mail.