ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Nguyen, Tom" <Tom.Ngu...@rels.info>
Subject RE: Parameter Class Usage
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 15:44:28 GMT
Rough example:

1st.  You should define a typeAlias for your parameter class so iBatis
can create property getter and setter on.

  <alias>
    <typeAlias alias="Project" type="Noogen.Test.Project, Noogen.Test"
/>
  </alias>

Then you can map it like this:

    <select id="Noogen.Test.Project.IsValid"
        parameterClass="Project" resultClass="System.Int32">
      SELECT COUNT(*)
      FROM [dbo].[Project] (READUNCOMMITTED)
      WHERE DeletedDate IS NULL
      	AND ProjectID = #ID#
      	AND ProjectName = #Name#
    </select>

The Project class would of course have two property (ID and Name).

Usage:

Project p = new Project();
p.ID = 1;
p.Name = "test";
int? result =
mapperInstance.QueryForObject<int?>("Noogen.Test.Project.IsValid"
                , p);

Of course you can also use hashtable or dictionary as your parameter
class.  In this case, you don't really need to create alias.

Instead of: parameterClass="Project"
Change to: parameterClass="System.Collections.IDictionary"

And:
Dictionary<string, object> d = new Dictionary<string, object>();
d.Add("ID", 1);
d.Add("Name", "test");

int? result =
mapperInstance.QueryForObject<int?>("Noogen.Test.Project.IsValid"
                , d);

Regards,

Tom Nguyen
Sr. Developer