ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Tony Selke" <tony.se...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Oracle CLOB and IBatis
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 01:26:53 GMT
I posted this same question 1-2 weeks ago with no response yet.  The
iBATIS.NET documentation claims support for CLOBs, but I could not get them
to work.  We temporarily changed them to VARCHAR(4000), but I need to
revisit this soon.

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: Sheldon A. Brown [mailto:sheldonb@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 8:25 PM
To: user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Oracle CLOB and IBatis

Has anyone been able to hook up IBatis 1.6.1 with an Oracle Database
and transfer large CLOBs (greater than 4000 characters)?

If so, could you please steer me in the right direction.

I quickly tried to implement a CustomTypeHandler but was greeted by
the infamous ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion
requested.

It seems like someone else must have done this by now.  I see that
Java IBatis now officially supports BLOBs and CLOBs as well.  Is this
planned for IBatis .Net?

Sheldon