ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From Bjorn I <b...@rocketmail.com>
Subject Complex properties
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 18:18:49 GMT
I'm trying to figure out the best way of returning my list of items to populate a gridview in
.Net.
I have a table of items that contains among others a CreateUserID and LastUpdateUserID, each
a foreign key to the user table.
I've created an item class that has 2 attributes of the user class. For the front end, I would
only need to display first name and last name, the rest of the user data is unecessary.
The user info will not change very often, so I figured I could cache a user select statement.
Or should I just do a simple join to get the first name and last name?
My table contains other foreign keys, such as StatusID etc. In previous applications I would
simply add a field to the class that can hold the text representation of StatusID, and use a
join in the sql statement, so I could easily bind the result to a .net control.
In your oppionion, what is the best approach here? I have several pages that will need to
display tabular data, each having foreign key relations.
Bjorn

Be a better friend, newshound, and