ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Nicholas L. Piasecki" <nicho...@piasecki.name>
Subject RE: Error: Unable to load file via resource "SqlMap.config" as resource.
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 22:26:59 GMT
Under the Project menu, choose Show All Files and include your config files
in your project. Click on one of the files in Solution Explorer and in the
Properties pane, change Copy to Output Directory from "Do not copy" to "Copy
if newer".

If it's a ClickOnce deployment (and it sounds like it is), also change the
Build Action from "None" to "Content"-otherwise, mage won't automatically
pick it up.

Hope that helps.

V/R,

Nicholas Piasecki

From: Erin Rollenhagen [mailto:erin@entrepreneurialtechnologies.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:25 PM
To: user-cs@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Error: Unable to load file via resource "SqlMap.config" as
resource.

Hello All!

After many successful website deployments using Ibatis, I am for the first
time trying to deploy a Windows Application using Ibatis.  (VB.NET using
Visual Studio 2005)

I'm sure that this is a very simple problem, but I seem to be really stuck.
I can't seem to get the SqlMap.config and providers.config files to be
installed in the correct place for the application to find them at runtime.
My initial attempt was to, as the documentation suggested, put them in the
bin/Debug folder.  This works fine on my development machine but fails with
the "Error: Unable to load file via resource "SqlMap.config" as resource. "
message when I install it on a client machine.  So far, I've been unable to
figure out how to tell Visual Studio to include these files in the correct
location to make them work once installed.

I also tried manually copying the sqlmap.config and providers.config files
to the bin/Debug folder within the publish folder before running setup.exe,
but to no avail.

Has anyone successfully deployed a windows application to client machines
this  way?

Thanks!

--Erin