ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Juan Pablo Araya" <juanpablo.ar...@gmail.com>
Subject How to check the use and reliability in the connection pooling
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:34:17 GMT
Hi all,

We are auditing a big web system with his own "mapper" (it's from
2002) that use a lot of connections. Each day they have to reset the
web server in wich the application run, because it use up all the
connections from the pooling service. A few days ago we used the
system and the DBA called us because we exhausted the Oracle
connections in the development server.

In this moment, under development, the system developers set the
connection pooling to false so they can work on it.

As far as I know, the problem arises in the data access layer because
they don't release the register, connection or whatever related,
waiting for the garbage collector to return the resource to the
pooling service.

One of our solutions (they have a profile database in which query for
every asp control before they render it; it's very hard in
connections) is to use a better connection layer (iBatis).

┬┐How can I log or see when iBatis take one resource from the pooling
and release it, without debugging the source? It's very important to
check the reliability because of the profile base for the system.

Greetings!

--
Juan Pablo Araya