ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From dannystommen <da...@techconnect.nl>
Subject <generate> tag not working
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 13:07:50 GMT

Hi there,

I'm trying to use parameterMaps with the <generate> tag, but it is not
working. I have a databse with table 'test_table' and 2 colums: id & name

  <resultMaps>
    <resultMap id="TestResult" class="Test">
      <result property="ID" column="id" />
      <result property="Name" column="name" />
    </resultMap>
  </resultMaps>

  <parameterMaps>
    <parameterMap id="insert" class="Test">
      <result property="Name" column="name" />
    </parameterMap>

    <parameterMap id="update" class="Test" extends="insert">
      <result property="ID" column="id" />
    </parameterMap>
  </parameterMaps>

  <statements>
    <!--Insert description-->
    <insert id="Insert" parameterMap="insert">
      <selectKey property="ID" type="post" resultClass="int">
        select LAST_INSERT_ID() as value
      </selectKey>
      <generate table="test_table" />
    </insert>

    <update id="Update" parameterMap="update">
      <generate table="test_table" by="id" />
    </update>

  </statements>
</sqlMap>

the first error occurs when I try to configure Ibatis (first use).
"Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.\r\nParameter name:
index". This happens in de update tag. When I comment this generate tag out,
the configuration succeeds. Why is this happening, I don't have any
parameter that is named 'index'.

Secondly, when I try to execute the insert statement, it fails with the
message dat column 'name' has no default value. After some debugging, I saw
that ibatis generated the next insert statement: "INSERT INTO test_table ()
VALUES ()", while it should be: "INSERT INTO test_table (name) VALUES
(something_here?)"

Why is this happening?