ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Laura Matei <matei_la...@yahoo.com>
Subject Delete records from Database
Date Sun, 08 May 2005 22:36:50 GMT
Hi!
I need some help with deleting some records from the database. I have two tables EVENT with
column: eventId and EVENTTIMETABLE with columns: eventTimeTableId and eventId. I want to delete
an event with a certain Id and all the timetables corresponding to that event. I will send
my code... if you please look at it and tell me what I do wrong because my deleteEventAction
doesen't work!

public void deleteEvent(int eventId) throws DaoException {
    try {
      eventDaoManager.startTransaction();
      eventDao.deleteEvent(eventId);
      eventDaoManager.commitTransaction();
    } catch (DaoException e) {
      try { storeDaoManager.rollbackTransaction(); } catch (Exception e2)
      throw ((DaoException) e.fillInStackTrace());
    }
  }

 void deleteEvent(int eventId)
            throws DaoException;

public void deleteEvent(int eventId)
              throws DaoException {
          Object parameterObject = new Integer(eventId);
          executeUpdate("deleteEvent",  parameterObject);
          }

<mapped-statement name="deleteEvent">
    delete EVENT,EVENTTIMETABLE fromEVENT,EVENTTIMETABLE  where EVENT.EVENTID = #value#  and
EVENT.EVENTID = EVENTTIMETABLE.EVENTID
  </mapped-statement>

public class DeleteEventAction extends BaseAction {

   public ActionForward doPerform(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form, HttpServletRequest
request, HttpServletResponse response) throws Exception {

     OrganizAccountForm orgAcctForm = (OrganizAccountForm) form;
     String orgUsername = orgAcctForm.getOrganizAccount().getOrgUsername();
     int eventId = Integer.parseInt(request.getParameter("eventId"));

    tugis.deleteEvent(eventId);

     request.setAttribute("eventList", tugis.getEventsByOrgUsername(orgUsername));
    return mapping.findForward("success");
}
}

<action path="/portal/deleteEvent" type="tugis.presentation.action.DeleteEventAction"
                        name="organizAccountForm"  scope="session"
                        validate="true" input="/jsp/ViewRegisteredEvent.jsp">
            <forward name="success" path="/jsp/ListEvents.jsp"/>
    </action>

And in the JSP code:

Well, please someone take a look and help me out! Or maybe someone have done something similar
already and send me an example!

Thanks!
Laura

Discover Yahoo!