On 5/6/05, Lieven De Keyzer <lieven_dekeyzer@hotmail.com> wrote:

But as far is I see, when a Bean is constructed, an int property will always
be 0, when not specified. So when I perform an insert through iBatis

Yes, int properties will always have a non-null value...if you need nullable properties, you must use the Object wrappers instead (Integer instead of int, etc...)

SQLmaps, this beanproperty will always be an integer? Where exactly are the
commons classes needed and created ?
Perhaps I'm not really understanding the purpose of the ConvertUtils and
BeanUtils.

ConvertUtils and BeanUtils are not used in any way in iBATIS. Period.

Larry