ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Daniel Pitts" <Daniel.Pi...@cnet.com>
Subject RE: underscore in java bean property
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:43:19 GMT
Even if they don't follow the spec, here is a work around:
Create a object wrapper that DOES follow the spec, and it just delegates
to the legacy object.

If you can, however, I would refactor it to be more appropriate for
modern coding practices.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Maves [mailto:nathan.maves@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 1:25 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: underscore in java bean property

What do the mutator methods look like?

If they follow the bean spec then you should be fine.

On 9/13/06, Salman Khattak <khattaksd@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Strangely enough some legacy code here has underscore in property
> names like ministry_Code. IBatis mapping does not like this. Any help
> would be appreciated.
>
> This is the stack trace:
>

> org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: SqlMapClient
> operation; uncategorized SQLException for SQL []; SQL state [null];
> error code [0];
> --- The error occurred in com.xxxxxx/dao/ibatis/maps/Oxxxxing.xml.
> --- The error occurred while applying a result map.
> --- Check the Oxxxxing.minimalResultMap.
> --- The error happened while setting a property on the result object.
> --- Cause: com.ibatis.common.exception.NestedRuntimeException: Error
> setting properties of 'com.xxxxxx.vo.event.OxxxxingVO@7b14d6a0'.
Cause:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException; nested exception is
> --- The error occurred in com.xxxxxx/dao/ibatis/maps/Oxxxxing.xml.
> --- The error occurred while applying a result map.
> --- Check the Oxxxxing.minimalResultMap.
> --- The error happened while setting a property on the result object.
> --- Cause: com.ibatis.common.exception.NestedRuntimeException: Error
> setting properties of 'com.xxxxxx.vo.event.OxxxxingVO@7b14d6a0'.
Cause:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException Caused by:
> com.ibatis.common.exception.NestedRuntimeException: Error setting
> properties of 'com.xxxxxx.vo.event.OxxxxingVO@7b14d6a0'.  Cause:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException Caused by:
> --- The error occurred in com.xxxxxx/dao/ibatis/maps/Oxxxxing.xml.
> --- The error occurred while applying a result map.
> --- Check the Oxxxxing.minimalResultMap.
> --- The error happened while setting a property on the result object.
> --- Cause: com.ibatis.common.exception.NestedRuntimeException: Error
> setting properties of 'com.xxxxxx.vo.event.OxxxxingVO@7b14d6a0'.
Cause:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException Caused by:
> com.ibatis.common.exception.NestedRuntimeException: Error setting
> properties of 'com.xxxxxx.vo.event.OxxxxingVO@7b14d6a0'.  Cause:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at

com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeQuery
WithCallback(GeneralStatement.java:188)
>         at

com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeQuery
ForList(GeneralStatement.java:123)
>         at

com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.queryForList(SqlMap
ExecutorDelegate.java:610)
>         at

com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.queryForList(SqlMap
ExecutorDelegate.java:584)
>         at

com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapSessionImpl.queryForList(SqlMapSessi
onImpl.java:101)
>         at

org.springframework.orm.ibatis.SqlMapClientTemplate$3.doInSqlMapClient(S
qlMapClientTemplate.java:255)
>         at

org.springframework.orm.ibatis.SqlMapClientTemplate.execute(SqlMapClient
Template.java:188)
>         at

org.springframework.orm.ibatis.SqlMapClientTemplate.executeWithListResul
t(SqlMapClientTemplate.java:214)
>         at

org.springframework.orm.ibatis.SqlMapClientTemplate.queryForList(SqlMapC
lientTemplate.java:253)
>         at

com.xxxxxx.dao.ibatis.event.SqlMapOxxxxingDAO.getOxxxxingListByCriteria(
SqlMapOxxxxingDAO.java:43)
>         at

com.xxxxxx.bo.event.EventBOImpl.getOxxxxingListByCriteria(EventBOImpl.ja
va:58)
>         at

com.xxxxxx.lis.actions.ManageOxxxxingsAction.search(ManageOxxxxingsActio
n.java:177)
>         at

com.xxxxxx.lis.actions.ManageOxxxxingsAction.doSecureAction(ManageOxxxxi
ngsAction.java:42)
>         at

com.xxxxxx.lis.cecal.actions.SecureLoginAction.doPerform(SecureLoginActi
on.java:111)
>         at
com.xxxxxx.lis.cecal.actions.BaseAction.doExecute(BaseAction.java:63)
>         at

com.xxxxxx.web.struts.XxxxxxAction.doNonTransaction(XxxxxxAction.java:20
3)
>         at
com.xxxxxx.web.struts.XxxxxxAction.doExecute(XxxxxxAction.java:113)
>         at

com.xxxxxx.web.struts.BaseXxxxxxAction.execute(BaseXxxxxxAction.java:120
)
>         at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestPr
ocessor.java:431)
>         at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
236)
>         at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
>         at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
>         at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
>         at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java(Compiled Code))
>         at
> com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.
> java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at
> com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.
> java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at
> com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilter
> Chain.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at org.ajaxanywhere.AAFilter.doFilter(AAFilter.java:46)
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInst
anceWrapper.java:142)
>         at
> com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilter
> Chain.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at

org.displaytag.filter.ResponseOverrideFilter.doFilter(ResponseOverrideFi
lter.java:125)
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInst
anceWrapper.java:142)
>         at
> com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilter
> Chain.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at
> com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilte
> rChain.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at
> com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWr
> apper.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheS
ervletWrapper.java:80)
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:180
2)
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:8
4)
>         at

com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscriminatio
n(HttpInboundLink.java:469)
>         at

com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformatio
n(HttpInboundLink.java:408)
>         at

com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpIC
LReadCallback.java:101)
>         at

com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.requestComplete(WorkQueueMa
nager.java:566)
>         at
> com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.attemptIO(WorkQueueManage
> r.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at

com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager.workerRun(WorkQueueManager.
java:952)
>         at

com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.WorkQueueManager$Worker.run(WorkQueueManager
.java:1039)