ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Paul Carr" <Paul.C...@express-gifts.co.uk>
Subject RE: Search screen : HOW TO
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:36:49 GMT
It is indexed, but wouldn't I see the same problem through TOAD if it
was down an index ? (running DB2 btw)

Anyway, I've changed to use the dynamic tags, as recommended by Muthu,
the problem has gone away, and my valueObject looks much prettier
without the 'noentrynoentrynoentrynoentry' strings.

Think I'm just going to close my eyes tightly and pretend it never
happened. :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Fabio Insaccanebbia [mailto:finsaccanebbia@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 September 2006 17:23
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Search screen : HOW TO

Just a couple of questions..

Is the pmp.MANUFACTURE_PROCESS_ID field indexed?
Are the field values equally distributed?

If the answers are (yes, no) and you're using Oracle, maybe you're
having a problem with a skewed index.

	Added each "dynamic" line in one by one, and it was ok until I
added
	pmp.MANUFACTURE_PROCESS_ID back in, then it jumped from 1 sec to
many
	minutes.

	If I run it in TOAD it is fine, 1 sec, the DB definition for
this field
	is an Integer, its an Integer in the CustomObject class, and the
sqlmap
	has it as an Integer.

NOTE:  This email and any information contained within or attached in a separate file is confidential
and intended solely for the Individual to whom it is addressed. The information or data included
is solely for the purpose indicated or previously agreed. Any information or data included
with this e-mail remains the property of Findel PLC and the recipient will refrain from utilising
the information for any purpose other than that indicated and upon request will destroy the
information and remove it from their records.  Any views or opinions presented are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Findel PLC. If you are not the
intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. No warranties
or assurances are made in relation to the safety and content of this e-mail and any attachments.
 No liability is accepted for any consequences arising from it. Findel Plc reserves the right
to monitor all e-mail communications through its internal and external networks.If you have
received this email in error please notify our IT helpdesk on +44(0) 1254 303030