ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Mark Volkmann <m...@ociweb.com>
Subject Re: transactions with Spring DAOs
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 01:47:57 GMT

On Mar 13, 2007, at 8:37 PM, Daniel Kalcevich wrote:

> Is there a reason you were calling the start, end and commit
> transaction within Spring?

Do you mean why I'm I doing it in my Java code instead of doing it
declaratively?
The only reason is that I haven't learned how to do that yet.
If you know a good web page that shows how to do that, I'd love to
get the URL.

>   We use DAO's with Spring as our TransactionManager.  Not sure if
> you are using the SqlMapClientBean from Spring or not.  But I
> noticed the transactions being declared, but also the fact we use
> the method getSqlMapClientTemplate().  Just some thoughts.

All things I don't know how to do yet, but I'm definitely open to
looking at alternatives, especially since what I'm doing isn't
working. Thanks for the tips! Any code examples would be greatly
appreciated!

> Daniel

>>> standard. I assumed that all newer versions of MySQL were
>>> transaction
>>> aware. Is that wrong? Perhaps I need to download a different