ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Christopher.Mathru...@sybase.com
Subject Re: 2.3.4.726 and XmlConverter
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 23:02:46 GMT
As a suggestion Zsolt, iBatis does OR mapping extremely well. What you are
looking for is something that will map Objects into XML extremely well.
Why not take a look at XStream by thoughtworks. I'm using their library
for several projects pertaining to Object -> XML and it handles them
exceptionally well. And by utilizing a library like this it will give you
a clean separation of concern as well as better control over the XML that
you want to generate.

http://xstream.codehaus.org/

"Clinton Begin" <clinton.begin@gmail.com>
10/16/2008 03:42 PM
Please respond to
user-java@ibatis.apache.org

user-java@ibatis.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: 2.3.4.726 and XmlConverter

Zsolt,

This feature is really old and was only there to support 1.x clients
during the transition to 2.x.  If you're still have 1.x maps, it might be
a good time to move them.  Otherwise, consider it a deprecated feature.
Thus, the long-term solution is for you to either adopt the code as your
own, or migrate your SQL mapping files.

cheers
Clinton

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Zsolt Koppany <zkoppanylist@intland.com>