ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Patch review process: is there any?
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2014 18:00:48 GMT
On 24.12.2014 18:16, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 8:37 AM, Dmitriy Setrakyan
> <dsetrakyan@gridgain.com> wrote:
>> I would prefer that we establish some rules before committing to the main
>> release branch.
>>
>>    1. For every release we create a main release branch.
>>    2. Every ticket must be worked on in a separate GIT branch. For example,
>>    if the ticket name is IGNITE-xxx, then the branch name should be ignite-xxx.
> I can understand feature branches, but why this complication for
> simple(r) JIRAs? IOW, if all I have is a single patch, why can't
> I just attach it to JIRAs and then commit?
>
> Btw, in virtually all ASF projects I've seen making patches available on JIRA
> seems like a must.

At Subversion, we just commit ... everyone is looking at the commits
mailing list, so everyone sees the changes as they land in the
repository. Frankly, I have a hard time understanding why attaching a
patch to a ticket would be useful in general; unless it's a tentative
proof-of-concept that needs further discussion.

-- Brane