ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: contributor
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2015 03:19:29 GMT
Hi Adele,

Thanks for your interest in Apache Ignite and welcome to the Igniters
community.

Given that you already signed up to the dev list, the next logical steps is
to check out the GIT repository and build the project (you should just be
able to import the POM file under root into your IDE). After installing the
project, you should play with examples and try to understand main APIs.

Here is the GIT information:
  Fetch URL: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-ignite
  Push  URL: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-ignite
  Current active branch: sprint-2

There are several tasks you can get involved in. Where the most help is
needed is our streaming functionality.

Here is the parent Jira ticket for the streaming work:

I believe that you can help with any of these subtasks for IGNITE-108:

- IgniteSocketStreamder, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-430
- IgniteKafkaStreamer, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-428
- IgniteStormStreamer, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-429

We also have several tasks around additional tests for data grid APIs.

Please let me know where do you think you would like to get started.

If you have any questions, send them to the dev list. We are usually pretty
good about responding on time.

D.