ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.0.0 RC3 release
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 08:32:09 GMT
On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 1:13 AM, Branko ─îibej <brane@apache.org> wrote:

> On 13.03.2015 08:41, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> > Brane,
> >
> > 1. The license files you are seeing are used for the binary builds and
> are
> > not related to the source code. I believe we are not violating any ASF
> > policies here by having these files under the source tree.
>
> Sure, I was just wondering why they're there. As a matter of interest:
> how and why does the binary build use a GPL license file?

They are there for informational purposes only. For example, our optional
hibernate module does not have any hibernate code, but does have a binary
dependency on the hibernate jar. We provide the license simply to inform
the user that this dependency, if used and enabled, will bring in another
license into their application.

Does this make sense?