ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Evdokimov <sevdoki...@gridgain.com>
Subject GridConcurrentFactory.CONCURRENCY_LEVEL
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2015 18:45:26 GMT
Hello,

Why we have so huge concurrency level for concurrent hash maps created by
GridConcurrentFactory.newMap() ? By default concurrency level is 256, does
we expect that 265 thread will update the map *at same time*? Huge
concurrency level increases iteration time.
When I set concurrency level to jvm default value (16) my benchmark became
73% faster (23000 operation/sec vs 40000 operation/sec). My benchmark just
executes simple job on local node. GridTaskProcessor iterates over
GridTaskProcessor#tasks on each task submit. Although
GridTaskProcessor#tasks is empty iteration get a lot of time.