ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Public TC] bash: which: command not found
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 18:52:23 GMT
I think 'which' an older stand-alone way of finding commands in your path. In
modern shells like bash you can use 'type'. Be aware about output format
differences. 'type -p command-name' will do the same as 'which command-name'.

On debian Linuxes 'which' comes in debianutils package and that one is a part
of the core. CentOS I am sure is different and that's why I don't use it ;)

Cos