ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Making Ignite In-Memory File System mountable
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 19:36:27 GMT
Hadoop is using Fuse to expose HDFS into native Linux environment. It works, I
guess, although I don't know how widely it is used. The whole thing is about
4KLOC + 7KLOC of libhdfs (all in C). While not overly terrible, it is a
significant undertaking indeed.

Having FUSE connector to IGFS is an interesting proposition. I wonder if the
usecases discussed in the thread were covered by simply having a secondary
filesystem configured? Say, being able to sit on top of CEPH would solve all
these needs as CEPH is a kernel-level filesystem. As such, one can work with
it the same way as with any other linux FS. Thoughts?

Cos