ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Marko Jevtic <markojev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenCL
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 02:45:17 GMT
Yes, OpenCL is about parallel local processing, but any job that can be distributed can be
parallelly processed.
Main advantage that I see here is enabling an Ignite GPU node or nodes, where vast amount
of data that can be processed distributatively can be routed to those nodes.
For example:
http://www.networkworld.com/article/2167576/tech-primers/hadoop---gpu--boost-performance-of-your-big-data-project-by-50x-200x-.html