ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: moving off of readme.io forums
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 01:44:01 GMT
Here are some pros and cons for both approaches taken from my experience:

readme.io pros:
- easy signup
- nice UI interface

readme,io cons:
- slow response times
- changes and bug fixes take a long time
- not immediately indexed by google

user list pros:
- nice UI with nabble
- ability to communicate via email
- immediately indexed by google

user list cons:
- difficult sign up process (the nabble signup does not work and can create
confusion)
- difficult to reply to questions in nabble (email is definitely the
easiest way)

Would be nice to hear from everyone else as well, should we migrate to the
user list or stay with readme.io?

D.