ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Ignite and non-Java languages
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 01:14:42 GMT
In continuation of previous discussions on multi-language support in
Ignite, I have been thinking on how to make Ignite available to other
languages with minimal effort and think there is a very elegant way to do
it.

Even though Ignite tasks are written in Java, they can be used only as a
distribution engine for tasks that are written in Python, Ruby, or any
other language. For example, Ignite task can receive job coordinates for
Python task (task name, class name, etc.) and spawn of jobs. When jobs
arrive to remote nodes, they can start another process which in turn will
execute a Python, Ruby, or any other program.

The way we can make Ignite data available to Python or Ruby jobs is via
Memcached API that we already support and that is available on every
language out there.

Here is a Jira ticket for this (I will cross link it with this discussion):

Thoughts?

D.