ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Cache store configuration usability
Date Fri, 08 May 2015 03:36:29 GMT
Igniters,

I was playing with the cache store in a Spring project and found a couple
of usability issues:

   1. Setting cache store factory in configuration is not enough to enable
   read/write-through, we also require to explicitly enable them via
   setReadThrough and setWriteThrough properties. I understand that this is
   how JCache is designed, but the issue is that we don't validate this
   situation. One sets the store factor, but it simply doesn't work until you
   switch on read/write-through. This is very confusing, we should print out a
   warning at least.
   2. Cache store (and also expiry policy) is instantiated by Ignite via a
   factory, not by Spring, so user can't use Spring auto-wiring which is very
   common in Spring apps. I found a workaround - injected Spring app context
   and made initialization call in LifecycleAware.start(), but I think we
   should do this automatically.

Thoughts?

--
Val