ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznet...@gridgain.com>
Subject Significant CPU and memory consumption
Date Thu, 07 May 2015 04:50:08 GMT
Steps to reproduce.

1. Start node with partitioned cache and load to cache > 1M indexed entries.
    In my case I used datasteramer
    Wait while data loaded.
2. Start one more node. It will FAILED (!!!!) to join topology.
    And in VisualVM I see that first node consuming 25% of CPU and on
sampler page I see that first node consume CPU in following methods:
       GridCacheMapEntry.deletedUnlocked()
       GridCacheMapEntry.checkExpired()

Other scenario.

1. Start couple of nodes without load.
2. Start node with load. In this case all nodes joined topology.
3. After load is finished in VisulaVM observed CPU consumption in:
       GridCacheMapEntry.deletedUnlocked()
       GridCacheMapEntry.checkExpired()

The more entries will be loaded in cache 2M, 3M than more CPU will be
consumed.

--
Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems