ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Artiom Shutak <ashu...@gridgain.com>
Subject IgniteLogger.isQuiet() inconsistency
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 12:18:42 GMT
Hi, Igniters,

In process of investigation of a user request "Disable ignite console logs"
(
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Disable-ignite-console-logs-td310.html#a330),
I've found inconsistency at implementations of IgniteLogger.isQuiet():
- Javadoc of the method says:
    /**
     * Tests whether {@code info} and {@code debug} levels are turned off.
     *
     * @return Whether {@code info} and {@code debug} levels are turned off.
     */
- IgniteJclLogger.isQuiet() implementation corresponds to javadoc.
- isQuiet() implementations for Log4JLogger and JavaLogger don't correspond
to javadoc and "quite" option related to IGNITE_QUITE system variable.

For me, the implementation of Log4JLogger is better and we should change
javadoc and change implementation of IgniteJclLogger accordingly. I've
filed a bug on it: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-923.

Any objections?

-- Artem --