ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ignite Web Control Center Architecture
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 16:30:41 GMT
On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 8:30 AM, Yakov Zhdanov <yzhdanov@apache.org> wrote:

> Why? Do you understand how many problems you bring with this approach?

Yakov, unfortunately this is not about ease of implementation, but about
security. We will not be allowed to connect to the grid cluster from where
the web agent is running.

I also don't see how we are adding a lot of complexity either. The way I
see it being implemented is by creating a set of tasks that will return
JSON objects for metrics, topology, etc. which will be processed on the
browser side. These tasks can be easily executed over HTTP REST protocol.

> --Yakov

> > Yakov,
> >
> > We cannot start a client inside of an agent simply because agent will be
> > started outside of the cluster where grid is deployed. Agent will be
> > connecting to the grid using HTTP Rest requests.
> >
> > D.
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 6:16 AM, Yakov Zhdanov <yzhdanov@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I like the design where agent is a plugin to Ignite.
> Agent-ControlCenter
> > > can be incorporated into the singleton cluster-wide service deployed by
> > > plugin on start. This approach seems very good and clean to me:
> > > 1. Easy to config - just drop JAR with plugin to classpath
> > > 2. It is native to the cluster - it operates inside.
> > > 3. Failover works out of the box.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > --Yakov

> > > sevdokimov@gridgain.com>