ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use cases for Ignite
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 21:34:09 GMT
Thanks Prachi,

I just have a few comments below...

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Prachi Garg <pgarg@gridgain.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been working on putting some use cases for Ignite, on the Ignite
> website, and would like to get some suggestions from the community. What
> can be other suitable use cases in addition to the following?
>
> *Caching*
>
>    - Database Caching
>    - Hibernate L2 Cache
>    - Web Session Clustering

I think we should also add:

- JCache Provider

> *Data Grid Replacement* (provide comparisons with other In Memory Data Grid
> applications)

Given that Ignite Data Grid is already replacing many commercial and some
open source data grid products, I think an unbiased comparison outlining
main differences does make sense. If I can suggest, we can have:

- Hazelcast
- Redis
- Coherence
- GemFire

> *Ignite for Spark*
>
>    - Shared Storage for Spark Tasks
>    - Faster SQL

How about:

- Shared Memory Layer for Spark
- Faster Spark SQL with In-Memory Indexes