ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject JDBC driver
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 17:54:54 GMT
Igniters,

Current version of JDBC driver is still based on legacy thin client and I
think it's wrong. First of all, the thin client as deprecated long time ago
and is not really supported. Second of all, it's much slower than native
query API, which makes the driver useless in most cases.

I suggest to replace thin client with an embedded client node. This should
be pretty easy to implement and will give serious performance improvement.
By I have a couple of concerns about configuration:

   - How can we provide configuration file path? JDBC is commonly
   configured with a single URL. But if the file path is a parameter if this
   URL, it needs to be encoded, right? Sounds like usability issue...
   - Do we need to preserve compatibility? We currently have a bunch of
   configuration parameters which are specific to thin client. Removing the
   client means removing them as well. Do we need two have two modes with thin
   client as a default one for now?

Please share your thoughts.

-Val