ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Gura <ag...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: JDBC driver
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 19:46:03 GMT
Valentin,

I think that JDBC URL parameter for configuration file it is ok.

I see three compatibility related problems (except obvious change in URL
configuration):

1. Java client supports client credentials as simple alternative to SSL.
2. HTTP access can be usefull in some cases.
3. Access to local caches on specified node.

>From my point of view, all of them are not critical (especially 3rd item).
But somebody can have another opinion.

Anyway, we can support two different modes if needed.

I created ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1250 and
started work.

It would be great if you or somebody else give me answers to my questions
in comments to the ticket.

Thanks.

--
Andrey Gura