ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Artem Shutak <ashu...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Create patch instructions.
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 12:22:15 GMT
Inline.

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 3:31 AM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrakyan@apache.org>
wrote:

> Huge +1 on pull requests. Would be great if we could make TC work with
> that.
>
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 5:30 PM, Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznetsov@gridgain.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Artem, two comments:
> >
> > 1) Did you investigate possible workflow with "pull request" instead of
> > "patches"?

Yes, I'm investigating this approach.

> > 2) In your instruction I see "merge" from master, but as I remember there
> > was a discussion of using "rebase".

I don't like rebase. Actually, at example from wiki it's not important,
what will be used "rebase" or "merge", but with "merge" a contributor will
have more simple conflict resolving. The git-format-patch.sh script will
create patch file with only one commit, which contains all changes at
development branch (the branch local), so it will not save a history of
commits.