ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ognen Duzlevski <ognen.duzlev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Collaboration process at Ignite
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 17:19:10 GMT
On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 7:00 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@gridgain.com> wrote:

> I share Sergey's point.
>
> I tend to use instant messaging as less as possible turning off or muting
> messengers.
> Plus, I won't look over unread messages in chats when I have free time.
> However I'm fully OK to look into the interesting topics on the dev list
> while drinking a cup of tea :)

I think it is perfectly OK to have an IRC channel for the developers.
Having one does not obligate anyone to sit on it and "man it" 24/7. I think
one of the things to understand is that Ignite is supposed to move from a
"company run" project to a community run one. That means that there will be
(hopefully) various people sitting on the IRC channel at all sorts of
hours. I am not a Java developer but I have enough development experience
under my belt to one day maybe sit down and pick a JIRA ticket to work on.
It is much easier asking a series of quick questions, sharing some example
code and getting details on various possible approaches (and their up/down
sides) on an IRC channel with a live dev or two than writing up emails.

Just my $.02