ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ignite-1.5 Release
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 21:50:54 GMT
On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Vladimir Ozerov <vozerov@gridgain.com>
wrote:

> Also I measured query performance on some local benchmarks and got
> acceptable resutls - queries are about 5-7% slower with poratbles than with
> OptimizedMarshaller. Looks very promising to me provided that we work with
> deserialized objects now.

Vladimir, I don’t think we can treat these results as acceptable. So far,
Ignite has been doing very well on all competitive benchmarks, and we
cannot afford to start loosing any of them.

Now, I remember seeing emails about many more performance optimizations we
can add, like aligning String representation with binary representation,
etc. Do you think after adding all the optimizations we will still be
slower or faster?

D.