ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Sergi Vladykin <sergi.vlady...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignite-1.5 Release
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 22:17:57 GMT
Guys,

I'm currently struggling with distributed SQL join feature. The main
problem comes from the query optimization side because
when we assume to have everything collocated it is a problem of user to
achieve that, but now we have to:
1. Get to optimal plan which will not use distributed joins if it is
possible to achieve correct result using some collocated plan.
2. Correctly execute that plan because now it not only a question of
performance but also a question of getting correct results.
This all gets quite tricky when we are handling subqueries. Hope to finish
this in a day or two.

Sergi

> I implemented changes related to IGNITE-426 task. Currently investigating
> performance degradation for atomic caches. I expect the ticket to be merged
> in 2 days.
>
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 6:47 PM, Alexey Goncharuk <
> alexey.goncharuk@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
> > IGNITE-950 is taking more time to be merged than I originally estimated.
> We
> > had a couple of silly bugs, such as loosing cache operation context on
> > async cache operations, which led to hard-to debug failures in the
> platform
> > integration code.
> > I also added some sanity checks to indexing and found that I ran
> benchmarks
> > for new binary format on a model with externalizable classes, so the
> result
> > I've got were invalid, need more time to fix the model and re-run
> > benchmarks.
> >
> > I am currently waiting for another CI run, will give an update in several
> > hours.

> > > Here are my current status for all interop-related stuff (you can view
> > > these tickets using query "project = IGNITE AND status in (Open, "In
> > > Progress", Reopened, Resolved, "Patch Available") AND component =
> interop
> > > AND fixVersion = 1.5"):
> > >
> > > *IGNITE-1819 - Remove metadataEnabled flag in Java*
> > > Trivial. Waiting for IGNITE-950 merge.
> > >
> > > *IGNITE-1845, IGNITE-1846 - portable API renamings in CPP and .Net*
> > > Trivial. Waiting for IGNITE-950 merge.
> > >
> > > *IGNITE-1803 - Optimized field lookup for queries*
> > > Ready. Waiting for IGNITE-950 to merge.
> > >
> > > *IGNITE-1847 - Add "field" method to portable metadata.*
> > > Not started yet. Waiting for IGNITE-950 to merge.
> > >
> > > *IGNITE-1816 - Optionally do not write field IDs to portable object
> > > footer.*
> > > Not started yet.
> > >
> > > + Several minor tickets.
> > >
> > > All in all, I expect all these tickets to be ready in 2 days.
> > >

> > > On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 1:43 AM, Alexey Goncharuk <
> > > alexey.goncharuk@gmail.com

> *ticket*".
> > > The
> on