ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Raul Kripalani <ra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OSGi migration may require a special marshaller
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 18:22:59 GMT
Hi Romain,

The implementation I have in mind won't be costly. I'm working on it this
week.

I still don't agree with a ClassLoaderCodec SPI as-is. If we create an SPI
it should be for more generic hinting applicable in other circumstances
during serialisation with other frameworks and what not.

Otherwise, we should not create a pluggable SPI at all and simply implement
an option. As a matter of fact, with the last solution I proposed I don't
think there will be any edge cases at all where users would need to create
their own "ClassLoaderCodec" at all.

Regards,

*Raúl Kripalani*
PMC & Committer @ Apache Ignite, Apache Camel | Integration, Big Data and
Messaging Engineer
http://about.me/raulkripalani | http://www.linkedin.com/in/raulkripalani
http://blog.raulkr.net | twitter: @raulvk

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 3:06 PM, Romain Gilles <romain.gilles@gmail.com>
wrote:

> To be honest Raoul, I'm more interesting in the interface (SPI) declaration
> than the implementation. If you can do it for the 1.5 I'm ok. Otherwise I
> ready to start it by introducing the interface and implementing the dummy
> version for non OSGi environment.
>
> It will free me to implement a temporary OSGi version by the time you are
> done with the overall IGNITE-1270 tasks.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Romain
>
> Le mar. 10 nov. 2015 à 15:42, Raul Kripalani <raul@evosent.com> a écrit :
>
> > Hi Romain,
> >
> > If you don't mind, I'm working on the entire OSGi integration including
> the
> > serialisation technique.
> >
> > I'll ping you if I need help.
> >
> > Thanks for your collaboration,
> >
> > *Raúl Kripalani*
> > PMC & Committer @ Apache Ignite, Apache Camel | Integration, Big Data and
> > Messaging Engineer
> > http://about.me/raulkripalani | http://www.linkedin.com/in/raulkripalani
> > http://blog.raulkr.net | twitter: @raulvk
> >
> > On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Romain Gilles <romain.gilles@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > I have put my comments. Hope they will make the things progress :)
> > > Should I start to implement this ticket or should I wait and see if
> Raoul
> > > want to take it?
> > >
> > > Romain

> you