ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Raul Kripalani <ra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ignite-1.5 Release
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2015 17:17:24 GMT
On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 5:05 PM, Yakov Zhdanov <yzhdanov@apache.org> wrote:

> Raul, every build submitted for vote is RC (so, on first iteration this
> will be 1.5.0-EA-RC1). Once accepted RC gets stripped off and we get
> official release. My idea is to have EA available via maven and from the
> website.

Aha, I see. I'm not sure I like the idea of pushing the EA to Maven Central
and making it live there perpetually. After 3 years, we would still have an
1.5.0.EA there.
Red Hat is a company that uses EAs quite often. They have a separate Maven
repo for them, from which they prune the EAs once they become GA.

I prefer that we publish a RC1 to a staging repo and inform our users via
mailing list. All they'd have to do to take 1.5.0-RC1 for a spin is add the
staging repo to their pom.xml.

*Raúl Kripalani*
PMC & Committer @ Apache Ignite, Apache Camel | Integration, Big Data and
Messaging Engineer