ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Version mismatch Was: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.5.0.final Release (RC3)
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2016 20:54:16 GMT
On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 12:36 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org> wrote:

> And at the risk of repeating myself, I would once again "What's wrong with
> semver?"

Cos, we want “beta” to properly compare with "final" versions in Maven. You
have mentioned that you would prefer to avoid the beta/final suffixes in
releases altogether, and we certainly may do this in future, but too late
for this release.

Hope 1.5.0.final suffix works for BigTop packaging. Have you tried it?