ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Externalizable in cache
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 11:54:53 GMT
Agree that this should be fixed. However, from the end-user perspective
this should never be an issue because at some point in future Ignite might
need to append some extra bytes to the Externalizable object layout, thus
reading beyond that limit will break the unmarshalling process.

If, by the time we invoke readExternal, we know the size of the written
externalizable object then we can create a thin wrapper around the existing
input stream which will provide the desired behavior. However, this will
come at a cost of generating more garbage, so I would just fix the return
value for the input stream.