ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Artem Shutak <ashu...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Full API coverage enhancement
Date Mon, 29 Feb 2016 15:07:32 GMT
Igniters,

I'm glad to announce that Configuration Variations test framework has been
merged to master and is ready to use.

The framework provides an opportunity to write a test-case once and to run
it in many Ignite and Cache configuration variations, for different Ignite
topologies (with and without clients) and execute the same test scenario
from different Ignite nodes (server and client) automatically.

Another useful feature is "runInAllDataModes" functionality that allows to
run test-case and run it in all supported by framework data modes (like
Serializable, Externalizable, plane, mixed and etc. objects).

I've added the framework description on "Implementing Tests" [1] page.
Please, feel free to comment.

As proof-of-concept I've
added IgniteCacheBasicConfigVariationsFullApiTestSuite and add it on TC.

It does not mean that the work on IGNITE-2521
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-2521> is completed and we
have coverage for full Ignite API, but I think it is a good improvement for
Ignite's test framework and Igniters can test functionality better and
simpler.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Implementing+Tests
(see "Configuration variations test framework" section).

Thanks,
-- Artem --