ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Binary comparator
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 06:23:18 GMT
Val,

Comparator has two problems from user perspective:
1) User will be obligated to have comparator classes on servers.
BinaryMarshaller was designed to avoid this.
2) Code duplication - user will have to support two implementations - one
for deserialized form, and one for binary form.

As it appears that user is going to have some kind of classes on the
server, why not simply deserialize cache objects and perform normal
comparison?

Vladimir.