ignite-dev mailing list archives

From "Denis Magda " <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject RE: Data lost when using write-behind
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 20:03:41 GMT
Alex,

Thanks for the explanation!

However in case of write-through mode there is a difference in transactional and atomic caches.
In transactional mode data is committed from a transaction coordinator side while in atomic
mode – from primary nodes. Is my understanding correct?

Denis

From: Alexey Goncharuk
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 21:23
To: dev@ignite.apache.org; user@ignite.apache.org
Subject: Re: Data lost when using write-behind

Denis,

Updates are always queued on primary nodes when write-behind is enabled, regardless of atomicity
mode. This is required because otherwise updates can be written to the database in a wrong
order.

We did not queue database updates on backups because we did not have a mechanism that would
allow us to track which updates have been written to the database and which are not. Now that
we have a partition counter that is already used in continuous queries failover, it can also
be reused for write-behind ACKs.

I thought we had a ticket for this. I will re-check if this is true, and will create if it
is not there yet.