ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vasiliy Sisko <vsi...@gridgain.com>
Subject Visor cmd alerts
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 13:40:42 GMT
Hello.

I started work on issue "Visor CMD: Add ability to attach custom scripts to
alerts" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-29
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-2856>19
and plan to add parameter -s=”script path” to configure path of script to
execute on generation of alert.

I notice that default frequency of alert generation is 15 min. I think that
time period is very large and suggest to change it to 1 min.

Also I faced with choice of alert generation frequency and suggest three
variants:
1. Execute script only once on first generation of alert.
2. Execute script after some cooldown period  from previous execution (f.e.
after 5 min from).
3. Execute script after specified count of alert generations from previous
execution (f.e every second or third or ...).

--
Vasiliy Sisko
GridGain Systems