ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Subru Krishnan <su...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Question on serializibility constraint for key-values in Ignite JCache
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2016 23:11:56 GMT
Trying dev group as didn't get any response from the user group.

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks,
Subru

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Subru Krishnan <subru@apache.org>
Date: Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 6:30 PM
Subject: Question on serializibility constraint for key-values in Ignite
JCache
To: user@ignite.apache.org

Hi,

I am working on scaling YARN through Federation (YARN-2915
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-2915>) and as part of it was
looking for a JCache provider for a local cache for the Federation
StateStore.

I found Ignite interesting but hit a constraint with my cache entities not
being serializable when I tried to bootstrap an Ignite based JCache. IIUC
JCache spec does not mandate this constraint. Moreover I tried ehcache and
didn't hit this issue.

Is there a workaround this restriction as my cache is purely local? Or is
there an option to plugin protocol buffers as the serialization provider? I
skimmed the docs/code but couldn't find a solution so I thought I'll check
out the mailing list.

Thanks,
Subru