ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: scripting languages base cases using swig
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 20:47:12 GMT
Hi Evgeniy,

Presently we’re trying to fill this gap offering SQL Grid [1]. In a nutshell, you can connect
to an Ignite cluster from your favorite language or tool with ODBC/JDBC drivers and work with
the cluster using SQL SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE statements.

Here is how everything works for PHP that is not natively supported by Ignite:
https://dzone.com/articles/apache-ignite-enables-full-fledged-sql-support-for

However, as for SWIG. Do you think it’s feasible to implement on top of Ignite.C++ client
which is tightly coupled with JVM?

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/sql-grid <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/sql-grid>

—
Denis

> On Jan 16, 2017, at 11:46 PM, Evgeniy Stanilovskiy <estanilovskiy@gridgain.com>
wrote:

> Hi all.
> Not so long ago i had to know that ignite had reduced functionality support in scripting
languages.
> So, idea was to take an existing C++ client and using SWIG (http://www.swig.org) as automatic
wrapper, generate clients for absence scripting languages.